Latest Show News
The Three Shires Cattle Trophy, in association with SELEKT, is a competition which gives farmers the chance to win a championship prize of £1000 and the coveted Three Shires Cattle Trophy. Runners up will receive £350 and £150 respectively. Points towards the championship will be awarded at three premier agricultural shows.
QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright will be principal sponsors of the 70th annual Hanbury Countryside Show to be held on Saturday 7th July 2018.
QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright will join NFU Mutual Bromsgrove, Listers Group, MacArthur Barstow & Gibbs Veterinary Surgeons, Fisher German and Meadows Farm Vets as principal sponsors.
Richard Heath, Hanbury Show Sponsorship Manager, is delighted to have QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright on board and said “it is a huge privilege to work with the Parkinson Wright team who I know take pride in looking after their customers. I look forward to building a strong relationship with them over the coming months”.
QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright have kindly agreed to sponsor the Hereford Cattle Classes and the Senior 1.20M British Show Jumping Qualifier to be held in the Main Arena.
Don't forget to visit the QualitySolicitors Parkinson Wright stand next to the Main Arena.
ENTER ONLINE OR BY POST!
Entries are now open, you can enter the following sections online or by post: Horse, Cattle, Sheep, Pigs and Horticulture.
The following sections can be entered using a postal entry form: Historical Vehicles and Poultry.
LIVESTOCK (Entries close: Thursday 21st June 2018)
HORSE (Online entries close at 10.30pm on Thursday 5th July 2018. Entries for most classes can still be made on the day).
HORTICULTURAL (Entries close: Monday 2nd July 2018)
POULTRY (Entries close: Thursday 21st June 2018)
HISTORICAL VEHICLES (Entries close: Friday 8th June 2018)
The HANBURY COUNTRYSIDE SHOW SOCIETY is delighted to announce their educational bursary valued at £1000.
The bursary is open to anyone who meets the following eligibilitycriteria:
· A full-time student on an agricultural or horticultural course at university/college in the academic year 2018-19.
· Have been a permanent resident within the counties of Worcestershire or Warwickshire for at least 3 years.
· Possess a very good academic record in higher education.
· Have made a positive contribution to the broader student community.
· Have been/are a member of an agricultural organisation (e.g. Young Farmers).
The award will be payable to the successful recipient in two equal parts; half to be paid in September 2018 and the balance in January 2019. Payment is conditional on the scholar remaining registered as a full-time student at University/College, and he/she must submit at least one written report to the show society prior to the receipt of their second payment. The successful student will be awarded membership of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society for 12 months and will also be required to give a presentation at the Society’s AGM in the following academic year (normally held in January).
The Society will invite the successful applicant to attend the Hanbury Show in the relevant academic year awarded and he/she would be encouraged to develop a long term relationship with the Society.
The Society will reserve the right not to award any scholarships if it is deemed that no suitable applications have been received.
Trustees may wish to interview applicants. Details of interviews will be communicated to individual candidates.
How To Apply
Your application should indicate how you fulfil the eligibility criteria given above and should include the following items:
1. An up-to-date copy of your CV.
2. A letter of application written on no more than one side of A4 (Arial size 11) explaining why you would be interested in receiving the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Educational Bursary (i.e. what you intend to spend the money on to further your education), relevant work experience, academic record to date, involvement in agricultural organisations and your future career aspirations.
3. Completion of the details required on the APPLICATION FORM
The decision of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Trustees is final.
Please send your completed form, application letter and CV to:
The Show Office, Park Hall Farm, Hanbury, Redditch, Worcestershire, B96 6RD