The HANBURY COUNTRYSIDE SHOW SOCIETY is delighted to offer an educational bursary valued at £1,000
Hanbury Countryside Show Society is a Registered Charity; one of its primary aims is to advance education in connection with agriculture, horticulture, conservation, forestry and rural and traditional crafts and activities. The awarding of an educational bursary to a student is one of the ways the Society helps to advance education in previously listed areas. A Bursary is awarded annually to one or more students deemed to be worthy of the award by the Society Trustees.
Applications for the 2018/19 Bursary are now open; applications closing date: Monday 6th August 2018
The bursary is open to anyone who meets the following eligibility criteria:
· A full-time student on an agricultural or horticultural course at university/college in the academic year 2018/19.
· Have been a permanent resident within the counties of Worcestershire or Warwickshire for at least the last 3 years.
· Possess a very good academic record.
· Have made a positive contribution to the broader student community.
· Have been/are a member of an agricultural organisation (e.g. Young Farmers).
The award will be payable to the successful recipient/s in two equal parts; half to be paid in September 2018 and the balance in January 2019. Payment is conditional on the scholar remaining registered as a full-time student at University/College, and he/she must submit at least one written report to the show society prior to the receipt of their second payment. The successful student will be awarded membership of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society for 12 months and may be asked to give a presentation at the Society’s AGM in the following academic year.
Your application should indicate how you fulfil the eligibility criteria given above and should include the following items:
1. An up-to-date copy of your CV.
2. A letter of application written on no more than one side of A4 (Arial size 11) explaining why you would be interested in receiving the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Educational Bursary (i.e. what you intend to spend the money on to further your education), relevant work experience, academic record to date, involvement in agricultural organisations and your future career aspirations.
3. Completion of the details required on the APPLICATION FORM
The decision of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Trustees is final
Please send your completed form, application letter and CV to:
The Show Office, Park Hall Farm, Hanbury, Redditch, Worcestershire, B96 6RD