£1000 Educational Bursary - APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
The HANBURY COUNTRYSIDE SHOW SOCIETY is delighted to announce their educational bursary valued at £1000.
The bursary is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
· A full-time student on an agricultural course at university/college in the academic year 2015-16.
· Have been a permanent resident within the counties of Worcestershire or Warwickshire for at least the last 3 years.
· Possess a very good academic record in higher education.
· Have made a positive contribution to the broader student community.
· Have been/are a member of an agricultural organisation (e.g. Young Farmers).
The award will be payable to the successful recipient in two equal parts; half to be paid in February 2016 and the balance in May 2016. Payment is conditional on the scholar remaining registered as a full-time student at University/College, and he/she must submit at least one written report to the show society prior to the receipt of their second payment. The successful student will be awarded membership of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society for 12 months and will also be required to give a presentation at the Society’s AGM in the following academic year (normally held in October).
The Society will invite the successful applicant to attend the Hanbury Show in the relevant academic year awarded and he/she would be encouraged to develop a long term relationship with the Society.
The Society will reserve the right not to award any scholarships if it is deemed that no suitable applications have been received.
Trustees may wish to interview applicants. Details of interviews will be communicated to individual candidates.
Applications from students who represent another Society are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply
Your application should indicate how you fulfil the eligibility criteria given above and should include the following items:
1. An up-to-date copy of your CV.
2. A letter of application written on no more than one side of A4 (Arial size 11) explaining why you would be interested in receiving the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Educational Bursary (i.e. what you intend to spend the money on to further your education), relevant work experience, academic record to date, involvement in agricultural organisations and your future career aspirations.
3. Completion of the details required on the APPLICATION FORM
The decision of the Hanbury Countryside Show Society Trustees is final.
Please send your completed form, application letter and CV to:
The Show Office, Park Hall Farm, Hanbury, Redditch, Worcestershire, B96 6RD